Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Modesto Concert Review!

Hi All,

Yes Kelly You did write a good review, But since this was your first time seeing David, There were a few things you may not have noticed.

David was exhausted..He usually does an encore or two,

He mentioned that the band had drove 11 hours to get there.

Also when the girls rushed the stage( Me Included )

He said at one point if we all didnt sit down he would stop playing.Then he said " well I guess I just pissed off about 400 people" lol

The thing I didnt like about the show venue was they served alcohol, Nothing like a bunch of drunk pushing and shoving women, I almost got pushed over, LOL

The nice thing about this show was he talked alot more than usual which I really enjoyed.

David is a master showman.

The venue managers brought him out a birthday cake , which was nice of them, He said he would try to blow out all the candles, then used a towel to help...

I don't know If you saw me,,

Woman were throwing all kinds of things on stage cards, underwear, Ect.

I have an Autistic Website for my little girl with Autism.

And I laid some laminated cards about Autism, with lapel pins attached to them on the stage,

They sat there for about 45 minutes,,I sat down and prayed, and then in a few minutes David went to get a drink of water,

and on the way back he noticed the cards,

There was no one at the stage, he picked the cards up and Read "April is National Autism Awareness Month" and started to read the definition of the puzzle pattern on the lapel pins,,I walked up to the stage and showed him the pin I was wearing and told him I had started a website for Autism and told him those were for him and Sue,

I can't remember exactly what he said( I was so nervous) but it was something

to the affect as "That is Wonderful" He grabbed my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

I don't know if alot of you out there know but Sue is very involved with childrens disablities and does charity fund raisers for them, Her web site is KidCharities.Org

Autism isnt one of them and we could really use her help.

Here in Northern Ca. Autism is on a 262% rise, and no one can tell us why..my daughters is not from the vaccines.

I did want to mention I met a woman named Diane while in line, and it was her first time seeing David,The way the venue sat up there tickets sells was terrible, most venues you buy a ticket it has a seat number, this one the 60 dollar tickets were first come first serve,We were in line at 5pm doors didnt open till 7pm. people were crowding,

Us that had been in line for 2 hours were upset...

Diane seemed alittle Shy,So when they opened the doors I ran, and got the last 2 front row seats one for me and one for her,,She was so happy.

Octavia, Since I saw David in Hollywood he has lost weight

Guess thats the road for you...At least now it seems he can get some rest, I think he has about a month off.

I took a whole roll of pics, when I get them developed Ill send you some.

Terri

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

OK, this is my first ever David Cassidy concert review because---well---it was my first ever David Cassidy concert! I hope you all enjoy reading this:

Wow! What a night! David was great, as always, and the audience loved him! He was so sexy! He wore his black, long-sleeved shirt untucked, and black pants, and he never changed his shirt once. He opened the show with "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat" and people in the audience were on their feet and clapping along. I don't remember the exact order of the songs he did, but he did do several from the PF and some that he did with his own band in the early 70's. Early in the show, he did my absolute favorite song of his, "No Bridge I Wouldn't Cross" and several girls and women came up to the stage to take pictures and touch hands with David. I went up there too, with my camera and at first, I couldn't get close enough to the stage. Then, a guy standing next to me said, "There's an opening right there. You can go through there and see David better." I thanked him and got up closer to the stage. Several girls held their hands out to David, and he touched hands with them. He missed my hand the first two times, but the third time, he actally touched my hand and we made eye contact! (OMG! David Cassidy looked right at me and touched my hand! I have died and gone to Heaven)! The third time's the charm I guess! I looked at David and flashed a big smile at him while he held my hand. I hoped my smile looked pretty and not goofy! LOL! What really made this really special was that David and I touched hands and made eye contact while he was singing my favorite song of his. It was a moment I'll never forget!

At one point during the show, a woman walked up to the stage and handed David a Hawaiian lei. David thanked her and put it around his neck. He said jokingly to the audience, "I just got leid!" LOL! Good one, David! He then sang a little bit Of "Blue Hawaii" Elvis Presley style. He does a great impersonation of Elvis! He did the songs that we all know and love such as "Cherish," "Summer Days," "Ain't No Sunshine," How Can I Be Sure," and others. He jokingly thanked everybody for coming to his "39th" birthday party! LOL! He said he's been 39 for 14 years now. (He could actually pass for 39, don't you think?) He got ready to sing "Do You Believe In Magic," and he had to start over three times, because he forgot the words. He said, "See, that's what happens when you're 39. Alzheimer's starts to set in!" (Yeah, right, David! LOL)! He ended the show with his signature song, "I Think I Love You," and of course, the audience went wild! The whole show was an hour and 1/2. I hardly slept last night, and I'm kind of sleepy now, because I only slept for four hours. I may have left out some details from last night's concert as a result. But I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all! I would definitely go to see David again, should the opportunity ever come up!

Re: Re: Modesto Concert Review!

Thank U both 4 the reviews, I really enjoyed reading them! Would have loved to have been there! I seen H2 today and it seemed as though he has lost weight and he seemed tired as well. I hope he is able to get some R&R! I'm so happy he picked up your cards and read them! There is nothing like celebrity attention to boost awareness! I do hope they consider helping. Can hardly wait to C your Pics Terri! Once again, thank U both 4 the reviews!

Replying to:

Hi All,

Yes Kelly You did write a good review, But since this was your first time seeing David, There were a few things you may not have noticed.

David was exhausted..He usually does an encore or two,

He mentioned that the band had drove 11 hours to get there.

Also when the girls rushed the stage( Me Included )

He said at one point if we all didnt sit down he would stop playing.Then he said " well I guess I just pissed off about 400 people" lol

The thing I didnt like about the show venue was they served alcohol, Nothing like a bunch of drunk pushing and shoving women, I almost got pushed over, LOL

The nice thing about this show was he talked alot more than usual which I really enjoyed.

David is a master showman.

The venue managers brought him out a birthday cake , which was nice of them, He said he would try to blow out all the candles, then used a towel to help...

I don't know If you saw me,,

Woman were throwing all kinds of things on stage cards, underwear, Ect.

I have an Autistic Website for my little girl with Autism.

And I laid some laminated cards about Autism, with lapel pins attached to them on the stage,

They sat there for about 45 minutes,,I sat down and prayed, and then in a few minutes David went to get a drink of water,

and on the way back he noticed the cards,

There was no one at the stage, he picked the cards up and Read "April is National Autism Awareness Month" and started to read the definition of the puzzle pattern on the lapel pins,,I walked up to the stage and showed him the pin I was wearing and told him I had started a website for Autism and told him those were for him and Sue,

I can't remember exactly what he said( I was so nervous) but it was something

to the affect as "That is Wonderful" He grabbed my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

I don't know if alot of you out there know but Sue is very involved with childrens disablities and does charity fund raisers for them, Her web site is KidCharities.Org

Autism isnt one of them and we could really use her help.

Here in Northern Ca. Autism is on a 262% rise, and no one can tell us why..my daughters is not from the vaccines.

I did want to mention I met a woman named Diane while in line, and it was her first time seeing David,The way the venue sat up there tickets sells was terrible, most venues you buy a ticket it has a seat number, this one the 60 dollar tickets were first come first serve,We were in line at 5pm doors didnt open till 7pm. people were crowding,

Us that had been in line for 2 hours were upset...

Diane seemed alittle Shy,So when they opened the doors I ran, and got the last 2 front row seats one for me and one for her,,She was so happy.

Octavia, Since I saw David in Hollywood he has lost weight

Guess thats the road for you...At least now it seems he can get some rest, I think he has about a month off.

I took a whole roll of pics, when I get them developed Ill send you some.

Terri

Replying to:

OK, this is my first ever David Cassidy concert review because---well---it was my first ever David Cassidy concert! I hope you all enjoy reading this:

Wow! What a night! David was great, as always, and the audience loved him! He was so sexy! He wore his black, long-sleeved shirt untucked, and black pants, and he never changed his shirt once. He opened the show with "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat" and people in the audience were on their feet and clapping along. I don't remember the exact order of the songs he did, but he did do several from the PF and some that he did with his own band in the early 70's. Early in the show, he did my absolute favorite song of his, "No Bridge I Wouldn't Cross" and several girls and women came up to the stage to take pictures and touch hands with David. I went up there too, with my camera and at first, I couldn't get close enough to the stage. Then, a guy standing next to me said, "There's an opening right there. You can go through there and see David better." I thanked him and got up closer to the stage. Several girls held their hands out to David, and he touched hands with them. He missed my hand the first two times, but the third time, he actally touched my hand and we made eye contact! (OMG! David Cassidy looked right at me and touched my hand! I have died and gone to Heaven)! The third time's the charm I guess! I looked at David and flashed a big smile at him while he held my hand. I hoped my smile looked pretty and not goofy! LOL! What really made this really special was that David and I touched hands and made eye contact while he was singing my favorite song of his. It was a moment I'll never forget!

At one point during the show, a woman walked up to the stage and handed David a Hawaiian lei. David thanked her and put it around his neck. He said jokingly to the audience, "I just got leid!" LOL! Good one, David! He then sang a little bit Of "Blue Hawaii" Elvis Presley style. He does a great impersonation of Elvis! He did the songs that we all know and love such as "Cherish," "Summer Days," "Ain't No Sunshine," How Can I Be Sure," and others. He jokingly thanked everybody for coming to his "39th" birthday party! LOL! He said he's been 39 for 14 years now. (He could actually pass for 39, don't you think?) He got ready to sing "Do You Believe In Magic," and he had to start over three times, because he forgot the words. He said, "See, that's what happens when you're 39. Alzheimer's starts to set in!" (Yeah, right, David! LOL)! He ended the show with his signature song, "I Think I Love You," and of course, the audience went wild! The whole show was an hour and 1/2. I hardly slept last night, and I'm kind of sleepy now, because I only slept for four hours. I may have left out some details from last night's concert as a result. But I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all! I would definitely go to see David again, should the opportunity ever come up!