Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Partridge Family, The - An early look at extras for the 1st Season DVDs

Partridge Family, The - An early look at extras for the 1st Season DVDs
Posted by David Lambert
2/06/2005

We've spoken about the May 3rd release date of The Partridge Family - The Complete 1st Season on DVD. Now we have some word from a trusted (but anonymous) source about a couple of the extras on this set.

While Sony Pictures Home Entertainment hasn't formally announced the title, which means the date and extras are still not set in stone and might possibly change, the plan at the moment is to include a pair of documentaries among the bonus material that will accompany the 25 episodes from the debut year of the classic show.

The first documentary includes interviews with Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Dave Madden and the writers and producers of the series. It focuses on the production of the first season, starting with the initial script for the pilot, the pilot's production, and then the show's weekly production thereafter.

The second documentary is all about the music: picking the songs, making the songs and music, and everything else involved with the soundtrack side of things. It includes never-before-heard details and stories. Look for interviews with Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, and many of the backgound singers, musicians, and even the arrangers.

Our secret source also tells us that The Partridge Family - The Complete 2nd Season seems to be a "go" as well, and will probably feature more extras along these lines...assuming, of course, that first season sales warrant them giving the second set the green light. TVShowsOnDVD cannot verify this information at this time, but it does come from someone who's been correct before, has seen this material, and has nothing to gain or lose by passing this information to us. We'll let you know when we bring you Sony's official announcement, which would be in just a couple of weeks if the release date turns out to be accurate. Stay tuned!

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2876

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=3254

Re: Partridge Family, The - An early look at extras for the 1st Season DVDs

I'm so excited i can't wait... I hope everyone goes out and buys the PF on DVD, then we'll be able to get the second season, and then hopefully the third and fourth! Oh God, I'm dying!