Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just Wondering...why Miami?

Hi Octavia I was just wondering why there's a special welcome for Dc fans from Miami, Fl...I'm from there and I was just curious

Re: Just Wondering...why Miami?

hi Briana....

i wondered that same thing a few years ago, when it said welcome fans from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania....

its set up so that wherever you "are" (not sure how it knows) you get a welcome to fans from your area...

you are close to David down there, you lucky girl! ill be down in Florida in about seven weeks...woohoo!

nan

Re: Re: Just Wondering...why Miami?

Oh that makes sense, yes I guess I'm pretty lucky I get to live so close ot Dsvid, but it does me no good. He lives in Ft. Lauderdale and I live in Miami, the only way I could see him is if I stalked him, whihc I'm not about to do ...I just hope he has a concert here soon, it's killing me "so close yet so far" and what not. I've never been to one of his concerts and I'm goign absolutely nuts waiting for the PF DVD or a new tour schedule after this summer.
I hope you have a good time in Florida, where in Florida are you coming to?

Re: Re: Re: Just Wondering...why Miami?

oh, tell me about "so close and yet so far..."

when my 15-year-old daughter & i saw David in 2003, he stayed in the same hotel...do you think i got a WINK of sleep that nite?? after we got back to the hotel, we ran into Lisa getting off the elevator on our floor...we sat on the far side of the lobby and waited for David to arrive. i had no ideas about saying anything to him because it was his time and he had just given one of his awesome tho grueling performances, but it was so cool and i will have that image etched in my mind...he was carrying some bag from the store and an overnite bag kind of thing, and wearing a ball cap...

in the morning we saw his white limo parked in front of the hotel after we checked out....*sigh* i have been in love with that man for over 30 years now....

we will be coming to Orlando on March 31, because my daughter's high school marching band has been invited to march on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom

its been since 2003 that we were there (we are addicted to Disney, and last year we went to Disneyland for our second visit there). i already have my reservation for June 2006 to return to WDW as we wont get to see very much of the parks on this upcoming trip since the band has other things going on

i have been to Miami....a beautiful city! do you visit Disney at all??

nan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Wondering...why Miami?

Oh my God! I would have roamed the halls all night long just hoping to get a peek of him filling an ice bucket or something! That's just plain torment...

Yes I love Disney, I think the last time I went was wen I was around 6 or 7...I'm 16 now, yes a lot of people think you needed to grow up in the 70's to be a David fan, he's absolutely timeless, I've read his book 4 times and love all of his songs, PF ones and David's favorites...Any way back to Disney! I go to Islands of Adventure with my class for our end of the year trips, you should try it, it's absolutely fantastic.

Take Care,
Briana

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Wondering...why Miami?

hi again....

in 2003, we went to Universal Studios for the first time; stayed at a Best Western near there and went to three of the Disney parks along with going to Universal for three days. really liked both of them, and we will get a chance to go to one or the other of them on the upcoming band trip....

as much as we loved the Men In Black ride, i think both Rachel and i will likely opt for the Islands of Adventure. we love coasters, and with The Hulk and Dueling Dragons, plus Jurassic Park i would hate to miss them!