Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
David and Meet and Greets/FSGs

I just wondered if David is used to doing meet and greets or get togethers with fans whilst on tour. I'm going to three gigs on the UK Once In A Lifetime tour in June. I'm an Osmond fan specifically, but have HUGE respect for David and the other acts, and we're used to meet and greets/GTs when any of the family come to the UK, so wondered if David did something similar!

Thanks
Gerry

Re: David and Meet and Greets/FSGs

Sorry it took so long 4 this reply. I copied this from a previous post about this same subject....

Subject: Re: to all david cassidy fans we want david to have a m

Name: Barbara P

Date Posted: Mar 24, 04 - 1:41 AM

Email: Barbara@justdavid.net

Website http://www.justdavid.net

Message: I don't often post here but I saw this thread and thought I should answer this. Below is a reprint of the paragraph from our newsletter that details what happened. We were told the details by David's office. Just as an update, a fan asked prior to Mohegan Sun to try and get David to do a meet and greet and she told me that she was told by Mohegan that "Due to personal reasons and the behavior of some fans at recent meetings, David is no longer doing meets and greets".
So it seems he is sticking to this and at this time, any attempt to try to get him to do one, won't work. Best to let him be to get over it and let him decide later if he does it on his own.

HERE IS THE PARAGRAPH FROM THE NEWSLETTER:
However, following these two concerts, JUST DAVID received this statement from David?s office and was asked to notify fans: Due to incidents last weekend the decision has been made that there will be no more fan meet 'n greets unless the venue demands it for high rollers ONLY. Fans wormed their way into the backstage area from outside the building and overcrowded the area. Further, several fans showed up on 2-3 consecutive nights making it impossible for the meet 'n greet requested by the venues staff to take place. The ?no fan meet & greets? decision will also be implemented during the UK tour dates. Upon further contact with David?s office we learned the following: In Orange County there were fans at the ?fan meet and greets? both nights who snuck in and were not on the guest list and David saw this when he entered each meeting. Also fans found out David?s hotel and somehow found out his room, and they were calling up his room and slipping notes under his door. This got so bad that David had to change his room on the second night in Orange County! In Phoenix, there were some in the ?fan meet and greet? with passes that David wasn?t originally told would be there, and consequently it became hectic and chaotic with fans trying to get photos with him and David wasn?t pleased in the end. And again, fans found his hotel and bothered him there. When he was returning to the hotel after the concert, David and the band noticed a good number of fans were staked out in the lobby waiting for David. Without going in, David cell phoned his assistant in L.A. to change him to another hotel, which he went to and his luggage was brought there. Isn?t it sad that the behavior of some overzealous fans again spoiled something good for all the rest of the fans?