Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letter: Puppy Love Still Retains its Original Bite

Letter: Puppy Love Still Retains its Original Bite
UK Newsquest Regional Press-Mrs. S Taplin, Brighton, UK. July 26, 2005

The review of the Once In A Lifetime concert by Amanda Wilkins surprised me (The Argus June 30).

The concert was just that with four top acts from the Seventies performing on the same stage though not together.

The atmosphere was pure teenybopper nostalgia and from the moment the Bay City Rollers sang Shang-A-Lang the Brighton Centre came alive.

The write-up was inaccurate and did not describe the concert I attended at all. Headed "Puppy Love still plays on the heart strings" it referred to Puppy Love which David Cassidy sang at the end with The Osmond Brothers Jay and Jimmy.

David had joked on previous evenings that he had secretly wanted to be Donny but this was the only evening of the 11 tour dates when they appeared on stage together.

I questioned my own memory (and almost put it down to age) when I read that Jimmy had called his son Lance on stage to join the trio of David Jay and Jimmy.

It was actually Jay's son Jason who had been filming near the barrier for a family movie.

David praised our beautiful city as he had done on previous occasions while playing here but there was no mention of this.

Hats off to the security at the Brighton Centre whose efficiency and helpfulness enabled David to come down to the barrier confident he would be safe. He rarely does this and Wembley Arena Pavilion was the only other venue where he did so.

Ms Wilkins was clearly no David Cassidy fan and I wondered who she was talking about when she wrote he had not worn so well and "although his voice is still there it wasn't as consistently good as the rest of the performers ".

I am sure none of the artists will suffer from the derisory account of their performance but let's give credit where credit is due.

Re: Letter: Puppy Love Still Retains its Original Bite

Are you prepared to embark on an extraordinary journey towards conquering your exams like never before? With our exclusive Take My Online Nursing Exam For Me service, you can access the ultimate solution for unlocking your hidden potential, paving the way for academic excellence. Say goodbye to exam-related stress and embrace the opportunity to harness your fullest capabilities through our comprehensive and personalized assistance.