Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Partridge Family Season 3 on DVD coming if enough interest

Scott
Administrator

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I know I said I would no longer share any news I received regarding future Partridge Family DVD releases, but I'm going to flip-flop on that decision faster than Twitney Spears' rehab stay.

Here we go again. As the Partridge Family song goes: ". . . .up, down, all around like a roller coaster!"

Please read this entire post because there's important information at the end.

Today, we received very encouraging news that Sony has put the DVD release of Season Three back on their schedule -- possibly as early as May, 2007. And, it's because of YOU that this is happening. Here's a bit of the information we received:

Quote:
The third season of The Partridge Family will be coming out. A definete date has not been set but it looks like it will be in May.

To be honest, it is the constant e-mails from fans of the show that have prompted Sony to release season three. If you really want the show to come out, have the fans e-mail Sony with words of thanks because they heard rumors that the show will finally be out. This is a funny business and it all comes down to the bottom line. Excitement over any release is always a very good motivation to the higher ups at Sony.

Season three, which was being worked on before season two was even released, was already complete, except for the box art, when it was decided not to release it. Sales of season one were just "OK" and season two, considered by people at Sony to be the best season, were dismal. A lot of money was spent on season one with sales expectations very high. At that time, it was assumed that all 4 seasons would be released but Sony didn't expect it to do so poorly. The Powers-That-Be at Sony probably wouldn't have gotten so bent out of shape if they didn't put together such a wonderful and expensive package and then seen unremarkable sales. The film on all three seasons were completely restored. Some other shows with less then steller sales such as "Good Times" have been released by Sony but much less effort and cost were put into them.

Sales of season three will have to be substantial to get season four out on the shelves. No work was ever done on season four. As of now, I don't see Sony releasing season four and I don't expect that sales of season three will be better than sales of seasons one or two. Although, you never know.

So there you have it. If you want Sony to continue with their Partridge Family DVD releases, PLEASE email Sony as our source suggested. If you already have, PLEASE do so again. Use every email address on your computer and keep emailing them with requests for Season Three (and Four) and thank them for the rumors you are hearing. If you belong to various Partridge/Cassidy email lists and/or websites, spread the word. PLEASE don't make this a one-man campaign. It won't happen without YOU! Email Sony at:

spn_questions@sonypictures.com

Make sure you ask them to forward your emails to the appropriate department!

Last edited by Scott on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

Re: Partridge Family Season 3 on DVD coming if enough interest

In consideration of the apprehensions surrounding online examinations, our take my test for me service proposes a systematic approach to alleviating such concerns. Employing a proficient team, we prioritize your academic achievements. Trust in our methodical process and anticipate exemplary results.