Quillan Exchange
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fantastic house and location - Thanks

We’ve just had a magical honeymoon in the picturesque town of Quillan.This delightful, comfortable house was the perfect setting. The house is in a peaceful street with dramatic Pyrenees mountain views which were a pleasure to wake up too. Dining in was made simple with the well equipped kitchen and the garden provided an added bonus of an outside eating area. The town centre of Quillan with its traditional, quaint squares and beautiful river was a short stroll away. The pretty cafes, bars and restaurants gave plenty of choice and the service was always friendly and polite. Our extremely limited French skills didn’t hinder us in any way as the locals made every effort to make us feel welcome.
Driving around the Quillan area was straightforward. We drove through mountains, vineyards and then onto the Mediterranean coast. We’d recommend you hire a car so that you can explore the surrounding region. To be able to drive past snow-capped mountains before swimming in the Mediterranean was a remarkable experience.
We’d both highly recommend this as a holiday destination whether honeymoon or not! If you want picturesque, relaxing, traditional France in a location with so much variation within a short drive then this is definitely for you. We had a fantastic time. Thank you. We’ll be back. Clare & Jim.

Re: Fantastic house and location - Thanks

Hello..
Your post is a great help to me as I was looking forward to the destination for the vacation with my husband.. I am glad I visited here and come to know about it.. I have gathered a huge knowledge regarding it..