The BPF's LEP/PPS forum

Please use this forum to share experiences, swap ideas etc. on managing the late effects of polio/post-polio syndrome

Forum: The BPF's LEP/PPS forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: the risks of excercise

Since neuron damage as a result of exercise remains a possible explanatory theory for the causes of PPS, you may be risking further loss of muscle function if you undertake vigorous exercise. I have been suffering for a couple of years now, and have radically reduced the amount of exercise I undertake,as well as investing in a couple of mobility scooters to cut out the need to walk. This appears to have halted the progress of the condition. However, it is all guesswork.....I am now of course risking my health through lack of exercise, howrver my personal calculation is that since I was very fit before the condition appeared (i did lots of exercise-which of course fits the exercise causing damage theory) I figure that Iwill run that risk if it means that i can retain the ability to walk (a little).

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com