This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Where are my extras?

I signed up for many of the "extras," eg guestbook, FAQ, etc. I've changed the settings to suit me and have copied/pasted the html into my main page. The icons show up. However, when they're pressed, some of them show a 404 error. What is the problem between the setup I've created and the link? Is it something I've done/haven't done, or is it a Bravenet problem? Please help!

Browser: NA

Re: Where are my extras?

You seem to have substituted the url of your site for Bravenet's url in the links. The services are NOT located on your site - they can't be as they can be used with any web host - use the code exactly as Bravenet sent sent without any alterations.

Re: Re: Where are my extras?

I didn't change the html that they sent me... I copied and pasted it directly into the code of the page, where I thought it should go, then moved it around with the visual editor... I don't know enough about html to mess with the code itself. By boyfriend, who has a degree in graphic design and knows C, TCP and quite a bit of HTML, said he couldn't see a problem with it. I copied and pasted all of them the same, but only three links work. Again: is this a problem on the Bravenet end, or was the code wrong? Note: I removed the part that says "End of Bravenet service code," and first thought that was the problem, but am told by my resident computer guy that it shouldn't matter, as it wasn't active code. He thinks it's a problem on Bravenet's end.

Browser: NA