This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
photo center question

i have the pro version of photo center. so far i have 265 photos on it and will be adding another 300 or so. Everything works great except for one thing. I want people to be able to buy photos. I noticed that even after disabling right clicking and emailing pics to friends, you are still able to take the pics right off the site. If you click on a picture and then choose to view it full size, you then have the ability to right click it. Now you can save it, email it, link it. I guess the only saving grace is that the photos are compressed down to 250k or so and not the 5meg original.

How can I stop the right clicking in the view full size mode?

Re: photo center question

You cant and it would be useless to try. Every right click script in the world can be completely bypassed just clicking on File/Save As in your browser.

Re: Re: photo center question

If you want to sell photos then you don't have the high definition copies available for browsing only lower definition and preferably watermarked copies.

The photo center isn't a suitable medium for automated sales, you would need the pages on a web site with some serious server side scripting.

Re: photo center question

Hi,
I don't think that's possible, but here's
an option that might work.

I suppose you could try setting up a
Business Paypal acct. & then create
your regular pictures & your thumbnails.
As well as your copies of each of these
with a watermark, let me explain.

Put your logo or a watermark splatted
diagonally across a seperate thumbnail
& larger image copy of the original.
Don't show the actual image you plan
to sell, just the watermarked versions.

Give each image a specific name, so the
buyer can specify which one they want &
then make their purchase through Paypal.

Then, once they've made their purchase,
email them the original image without
the watermark.