This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

Pease someone help me. I am trying to add the email forms. I have copied/pasted where I want it, but now what? Ive read all the instructions, however they are not written for HTML dummies, like myself. I have written in for help using the tickets, but they dont explain it any better. I am trying to use the email forms, as well as teh other things that use HTMl codes to make my website look more professional. But it is really hard. Can someone please explain to me in Layman's terms how in the heck do I de-code this thing. Examples will be greatly appreciated. lol Please feel free to IM me or email me for answers! Hollisameriplan@aol.com or Hollisameriplan for IM. Thanks so much!

Browser: Hollisameriplan,2

Re: I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

The form tutorials in the email form service provide step-by-step instructions written specifically for beginners.

The tutorials outline how to build your tags piece by piece... what part of the tutorials is giving you trouble?

Re: Re: I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

All of it is giving me problems. I got a friend of mine to do the email form, however, I was looking for different questions than the standard ones that bravent has set up in the HTML colde. I am also trying to figure out how to do the e-cards and guestbook, as well as the chat room. I am not famililar with HTML codes. de-coding them they way they have in the directions is very confusing. Thank you for your reply. If you could tell me how to decode and add more to teh email forms I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks again.

Re: Re: Re: I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

There is no 'decoding' in HTML.

For a form all you have to know is that each input field has its own tag. The tutorials cover all of this.

Code each tag for each type of field that you want, according to the instructions provided.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

The thing that you seem to need is practice, You can build pages on your machine and play around with them.

As far as email froms go, I just took the code at the end input textara and stuck it in the basic form you get here, the checkbox and radio button code is absurdly simple but so effective that I was scared to try that kind of thing for fear that there was something vital I was missing

As you practice more with HTML the tutorials will start to make sense. When I needed code for the "select" value= list I just higlighted and copied the select to /select took it home to my page and changed the name-"" and the text. Just go to my site, take the main entry near the bottom of the index and click on the image where the tooltip comes up with "DEAR KIERSTRA..." and that is what a rookie can do.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I do not understand HTML codes, even after reading everything.

Thank you soooo much. That helped alot. I am really figuring this out now. I loved your site by the way. :) thanks for your help.