This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
getting the site up on the web

I know this seems dumb but I already have a website operating (www.dualtheatre.com) hosted by Bravepages. I can't this new one (seanbrosnan.com) up. The host for this is Bravenet. Every time I try it always gives me a 'page cannot be displayed' message. I can't even view it in the file manager. That gives me a 'cannot find server' message.
All I want to do is put the site up on the web. In my own hard disk file it comes up every time. I uploaded those very same files to Bravenet. Why can't I see them?
Any tips gratefully received. Oh and a Happy New Year to you All.

Re: getting the site up on the web

What's even more annoying is that my domain name is registered with Bravenet. Surely that should make it easy. But it don't!

Re:getting the site up on the web

You sound like you know what you're doing - I suppose the initial page is named index.html?

Too easy... maybe it's to do with the web editor you used. Frontpage can cause problems, as it uses unusual extensions or something but I have no idea how you sort that one!

Re: Re:getting the site up on the web

Yep, I've got the right tag on the index page. I've got a feeling now that it may be that NS1 and NS2 are bravepages not bravenet and therein lies the trouble. Might try changing them.
I used the Java FTP Applet provided with the website hosting to upload. Any known problems there?
Thanks Cot for your reply.
Sean

Re: Re: Re:getting the site up on the web

Use ns1.bravehost.com and ns2.bravehost.com and those should work just fine.

Re: Re: Re:getting the site up on the web

Hey Sean,

Sorry.....I'm no help to you but you are having the same problems I am. However, you're waaaaaayy more advanced than me. What exactly is NS1 and NS2??? And what's the difference between bravepages and bravenet? How do you tell the difference???????

Confused!!!

Lynn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yep, I've got the right tag on the index page. I've got a feeling now that it may be that NS1 and NS2 are bravepages not bravenet and therein lies the trouble. Might try changing them.
I used the Java FTP Applet provided with the website hosting to upload. Any known problems there?
Thanks Cot for your reply.
Sean

Browser: Twisted_Mutha_71@hotmail.com,3