This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GuestBook Won't Work!

I've cut and pasted the html into Frontpage about 3-4 times, reuploaded the file to the ftp server and it still won't work! I just added a Bravenet Mailing list to our website today (which is at the bottom of the home page) and it worked fine. I'm no computer guru, so I can't figure this guestbook thing out. I'm using directNic for our website. Are they possibly not allowing me to add this guestbook? I recently found out all the files that they will NOT support, like mpeg, .exe, etc, cause I was trying to hyperlink some .mpg's of our Dec. 18th performance. Does anyone know what the deal is? Thanks!

Re: GuestBook Won't Work!

What does 'it wont work' mean? Does the code show up? Does the link show up but doesnt work? What exactly is the problem?

Re: Re: GuestBook Won't Work!

After cutting and pasting Bravenet's guestbook code into my html document in Frontpage then uploading that page to replace the old on the FTP site, the guestbook does not appear. All you see (or people viewing our site) is the code. I read something in your Q&A section about cutting and pasting, and how sometimes the codes doesn't paste exactly. I probably need to double-check the code again to make sure it's exact. It's funny though. The "mailing list" worked fine. Oh well.

Re: Re: Re: GuestBook Won't Work!

The most common error when doing a cut and paste is not getting all the html tags. It's very easy to miss a "<" or to drop a letter at the beginning or end of a paste. This causes the code to display as ordinary text because with the missing tag, it doesn't know how to interpret what is there so it just displays it. I looked at your site but you must have removed the bad code since I didn't see any reference to a guestbook. Take a good look at the code you are copying and what it looks like after you paste it and make sure you didn't accidently truncate something.

Good luck

Browser: deleted