This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to create a music downloading link?

Can anyone please tell me how to create a link from My documents to the web page so my visitors can download some music?
Also a need to now how to sub-sub-domains...let me explain...If a have a sub-domain thatis music, I want my visitors to click on the link and for it to open a page on my website(not a new window)that has the alphabet...from there ppl can click on the letter and another pgae opens on my website revealing the artist then they click on the one they want...get agian showing the page with the songs and then they can download the song...

Can someone please tell me hoe to do those two things?

Re: How to create a music downloading link?

You cant link to My Documents. Thats a folder on your local computer. Your local computer is not a web server.

All files you want to link to MUST exist on a web server.

Use a simple link code: Song Name

Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

The how do I pass them to a web server?

Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

Upload them, same as any other file.

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

Im not that smart can you please explain that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

Anyone???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

Use any ftp program to upload files, use the file manager (if you have a Bravenet hosting account), use a web based file transfer program if your host provides one.

If you dont know how to do that, then git Google and search for instructions for whatever program you have used so for to create your webpages and publish them to the web.

There is no simple answer, other than use whatever method you have been using for your webpages on your website.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

Thanx alot!!!
Now do u now anything about sub-sub-domains

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to create a music downloading link?

There are no sub-sub domains.