This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sub-sub-domains???

I want to now how the music download websites divide each page so they can add an alfabet, thge each artist and finaly the songs...can someone please tell me.... Thanx alot!

Re: Sub-sub-domains???

Your sub-sub-domains question was answered below. However, this message seems to have absolutely nothing to do with domains, sub or subsub. It isn't clear exactly what you have in mind, though. Are you simply talking about what the experts call "different pages"?

Maybe we should start by finding out if this is possible. Are you on a host where you are paying for unlimited bandwidth? If not, this whole thing sounds like a bad idea.

Re: Sub-sub-domains???

As Corwings said, this is nothing to do with domains.

Assuming that you have resoloved issues of copyright, bandwidth and overall site storage limits then there are two ways into this.

1. An expanding menu. The sort that expands like the folder list in My Computer when you click on a plus sign and contracts when you click on a minus. This is done with JaveScript. There are lots of free scripts available, any decent search engine will find them. You will probably need to adapt the script and some facility with JS will be necessary.

2. Do something with frames. View the source of the page linked above to see how it is done.

Professional sites will use a server side programming language.