This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
useing background

hello i just stoped by cuz i need help. i can't get my uploaded picture to work when i try to do this background="whaterver pic is.whater the end is> i can't get it to fill up my page i need to get it to work is what i mean what do i do i'll start from the beginging k
i save a pic online upload it from file mannager then i try that html bg code and it dose not work when i viwe file how do i do it please help i need it to fill up all my main page not just one little space,.

Browser: gr8sk8brdr2007, Takaridatabase,2

Re: useing background

Your question is a little difficult to interpret, but I'll give it a stab. First off, I looked at your source and there are background colors defined a number of times throughout. The background definition in the heading sets it to "black". All you should have to do is change that setting to something like background="back2_2.gif" with the file name being whatever your picture is (along with its location of course) in place of BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" in your code. However, if one of the subsequent background settings resets it, it won't stay. I didn't go into a lot of detail looking at your source, so that background may be just in tables or such, but you need to be careful that you don't set it up front and then reset it further down the page.

Just a personal note ... you've got way to much on one page and it all runs together when looking at the source. It will make it a lot easier for you and anyone else that ever works on it to at least separate the code in paragraphs, etc. Pages and pages of run on code is almost impossible to work with.

Re: Re: useing background

thanks for taking a stab...but i tryed it and i quit don't understand what you mean, do i go to the very top and insert the pic in between
or the first thing i see of balck color help

Browser: TakariDatabase,2

Re: Re: Re: useing background

I will assume that you have uploaded the background image you want to use to the server. Once it's there, replace BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000 with background="image.jpg" or what ever you call it and the location it is in. If it's not in the same location as the source for the page (directory), you'll have to specify the exact location. It will load faster if you use the location like I have above by just using the file name. However, you can also enter the entire path such as background="http://www.abcwebpage.com/images/image.jpg" or what ever it is called. What are you trying to use for a background? How big is it? If it's a picture or image, you might want to consider making it a bit transparent and then set it to stationary. That way when you scroll down the page the background stays stationary and the text, etc. scrolls over it. Contact me direct and I'll try to walk you through it if it still doesn't work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: useing background

ok i'll try doing that ok thanks so..if it do's not work step me throught it

Re: Re: Re: Re: useing background

im sry i tryed please walk me through it thanks im goint to put up a speceal thanks for ya when/if it get it don't also i tryed the derctory i was wondering if you could do it http://darknest.com/takari/images/fanart/tkari.jpg i need that pic in the index page thanx
p.s. how do i make it standitry i am not fremeler with html well a little.