This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
gallery

can anyone walk me thru installing Gallery - or direct me to a program which i can add to my site to enlarge pics, instructions for gallery are very hard to follow and it would not open the configuration wizard- thanks- thomas

Re: gallery

Not sure how bravenets galleries work but if you don't mind using java you can go to javafile.com or http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7116/
for some scripts to copy/paste a gallery.

Re: gallery

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with the Photo Center but to enlarge images it all comes down to the same basic procedure.

You have two copies of the image, one larger than the other. You link from one to the other which can be done with a variety of techniques - my advice on this is "keep it simple". I would use a standard link to open the enlarged image in a second window.

Re: Re: gallery

A couple of thoughts about your site.

The pages are quite slow to load with a 56k modem. They are also very deep, research has shown that the average user really doesn't understand the concept of scrolling.

Remember your site can be reached by anybody in the world, it really does help to give some indication of geographical coverage on the front page.

Re: Re: gallery

I think he is referring to the php based 'Gallery' program.. thats its name.

Installation requires CHMOD'ing the config file to 666, during installation and two of the special folders required to store user uploads. Once installation is complete, the config file must be CHMOD'ed to 0 to ensure no other config changes can be made by anyone trying to access your gallery... as memory serves.

CHMOD is only available in the Premium hosting package and is easily done through any 3rd party ftp program using the Change Attribute option... this may be called something else on your ftp program.