This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uploading new files for site

I'm using the In-Browser file manager.I keep getting "I could not upload the file. There may already be a file with the same name as the one you uploaded." I haven't put anything in there, and it said somewhere that if there was a file with the same name, it would automatically replace it with the new one. Am I just stupid or what?? I've tried everthing. I'm a musican not a computer wiz!! And I still can't do anything to the new site yet!!

Re: Uploading new files for site

I noticed that too, when I first registered. When you initially register your site, a dummy "index.html" is placed in your root directory that tells you that your site has not been set up yet. When you attempt to upload your pages, chances are that one of them is named "index.html". That's why it is telling you there is something there, even though you didn't put it there. Just click on OK and have a happy web site.

Re: Re: Uploading new files for site

It was actually a problem with bravenet. They had to go in and reset the preferences or something like that. I had my site up in no time, and everything seems to be working great now. Thanks for the help!!