This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
???bandwidth???

bandwidth is that where people click send for like radio boxes and checkboxes for forms and stuff is that bandwith?if thats not it what is the name of the thing where people send you the answer on your forms!? please help thx

Re: ???bandwidth???

Bandwidth is the total of all the files that have been transferred to or from your site.

If a page takes up 10 kilobytes and 100 people download it than that uses up 1000 kilobytes of bandwidth.

Re: ???bandwidth???

I think what you are talking about is Form-Mail. Many people use this as a way of getting feedback from their web site, without the need to post a actual email address. This gives the web site owner a little bit of protection from spam. Other web sites use it to get receive ordering information.

Some times the information is simple text areas that can be filled out. Other times it may include pull-down selectors or buttons for the selection of options. The form-mail processor on the server then extracts the data associated with the defined items and email them to you.

Bravenet offers a service called "Email Forms". Most free/paid web services offer some form-mail. I use a limited free form-mail service from http://www.form-mail.com .

Seen

Yah i get what you are talkin about. Well there are two ways to do this... One is to use your email address in the form. Erm like if you make your own guestbook using the forms tag in html, You can fix it that everytime a visitor signs your guestbook, the comment is emailed to you. This process is very unproffesional.. I reccomend the other way to go about it - cgi script. However this takes up one of your SQL databases, and furthermore.. this feature is only available in the premium hosting package in bravenet.

Advice- A guestbook is good for your site if its a personal thingy, erm kind of a blog. But its totally unprofessional for any entertainment or commercial site, I reccomend using a shoutbox or message board instead.

Browser: eviliscious@msn.com,3