This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
E-Mail Form

We have added 20 questions in our e-mail form at our site. When we do a test and submit all answers, the e-mail doesn't contain all the answers. Sometimes, no answers will show up, sometimes one, at most two. We have checked the coding numerous times and can't figure out what we are doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Re: E-Mail Form

The form you are using is not using the correct button types. Each of your questions consist of 3 structures defined as "checkboxes". Checkboxes are simple on/off devices and will allow one, two, or all three to be selected. If you switche to "radio" buttons only one at a time will be allowed. They are like checkboxes, except that when several share the same control name, they are mutually exclusive: when one is switched "on", all others with the same name are switched "off".

But you also need to make sure that the control name for each of your groups of structures are unique to the other groups. The "name=" attribute in all of your structures is exactly the same. The form processor needs to have all of the group names to be unique. Otherwise it simply replaces one with the next one that comes along. With the way things are defined, you should have only received the last question that had a box checked.

The names do not have to be complicated, just unique. For example, set all of the "name=" attributes in your first question to NAME="Q1". For the second question, make them NAME="Q2". This should return a form with each question separated by unique names.

It is possible to use checkboxes to do this, but then you need to add some Javascript to recognize when a checkbox in a group is activated and turn off the other ones in the group. I use them this way on some of my web pages.

Re: Re: E-Mail Form

Thank you for your quick reply, Martin. We did change the fields as you suggested. We must still have something wrong because now none of the answers are showing in the e-mail response. Could you please take another look at our coding and see what we are missing? Thanks again.

It's working!

We changed a few additional codes and it's working! THANK YOU AGAIN for your help!!

Re: It's working!

Well, that's great. Sorry I couldn't get back sooner but it was bed time here. If you want to know how to do it with "checkboxes" and Javascript, instead of "radio" buttons, let me know.