This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Template ??

I'm using the free version. I've downloaded a template from a different place other than bravenet. How can I up load it to my site. Plz help. this is the first time setting one up and new at it.

Browser: nascarfan_40_@hotmail.com,3

Re: Template ??

Templates generally consist of a main HTML page plus a folder that contains some support files. The support files are things like image files or style sheets. To upload this to your web site, log into your Bravenet Account Manager and then select Manage Website. This should take you to your Website Hosting Manager. There there should be a section that says Transfer Files.

Select the Java FTP Applet.

It takes a few minutes to load, and may ask you about a security certificate, but should come up with a screen that shows your local PC on the left and your web site on the right. Navigate to the location of your template on your local PC, select the HTML file and support directory, and then click on the little green arrow. At least I think it was green the last time I looked. This will copy the HTML file, the support directory, and it's contents to your web site.

If you want the HTML file to be your home page, make sure you rename it to "index.html". The rest of your pages can be named differently.

This is the only FTP access that you will have on Bravenet to a free web site. My recommendation is to do your web site development on your local PC and then upload your changes when you need to. This gives you a local copy so that you can restore, if problems occur, or want to move to an different site.