This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
data loss on forum!?

just found that the new entries on the forum made several hours ago has all lost... and my edited setting in the account has reset to the day before too.. has bravenet encountered the server problem today?>?? any backup on bravenet so that it can resume the new entries?!

Re: data loss on forum!?

I have experienced the same problem. Several entries from 18/19 Jan have disappeared. Have the Bravenet Admins any explanation?

Re: Re: data loss on forum!?

Yes, same here. Several threads posted on 18th have disappeared.

Re: Re: Re: data loss on forum!?

The board is not routinely monitored by Bravenet. If you want an offical answer you must raise a ticket.

The symptoms are consistent with a system crash and recovery from the last backup.

Re: Re: Re: Re: data loss on forum!?

From experience (ie, 8 years of being a member) I can tell you that there probably was a server crash, and the services were re-enabled from the latest backup which is why some of the entries are missing.... the latest backup would have all of the entries up to the point the backup was made.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: data loss on forum!?

My entry on jan 19th was very important and I need it back. It can not be redone. It had a reply and was viewed many times. It was the most important entry I've written and now it is gone. Is there anyway they can retrieve our entries? I'm very upset and hurt by this. Why isn't the system backed up more often? I already have a ticket and now no one is responding to my questions about my entry. If the entry wasn't so important I might be okay with this but the fact is that our entries are very personal to us and some are well written article style entries. Do I risk losing al my entries by using bravenet? I refer many people to bravenet but I had no idea that our entries are capable of being deleted.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: data loss on forum!?

The system is backed up nightly, there is only so much they can do. I am sure if there were some way to restore data that isnt already there, it would have been done to begin with.

If you want to complain, open a ticket in the support center.

If it is important then back it up yourself.

Everyone should always keep backups of everything on their web site on their own computer. If there are problems then data gets restored from the last backup taken by the web host. If you have made any important changes since then and don't have your own backup of those changes then you only have yourself to blame as you are the one responsible for maintaining the content of your own web site.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help
Focus on Javascript