This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is anyone else having trouble with their FTP server ?

Is anyone else getting this message when you try to upload files ?

"The Bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Authentication Failed for *************)"

I'm current with my service until March 2005 - it hasn't expired, so that's not the problem.

Any ideas of how to remedy this ?
I opened a trouble shooter ticket to also ask via e-mail, just wondered asking this forum would be faster.

Thanks for any help.

CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

My support ticket is being ignored as well as those who are asking for help here.
In the meantime, the news website I post my photos to are sitting there with empty boxes with little red "x's" in them.

The least someone can do, is post a message that there is a problem and that it's being worked on.
Or is it ??

Re: CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

Complaining to other Bravenet members wont get you very far. You need to complain to Bravenet staff. Try adding to your ticket in the support center - that should bring it back to the top of the list where it might get noticed more quickly - but then again the staff might be working from the bottom on the assumption that they are the ones that have been on the list the longest.

regards,
Stephen Chapman

Ask Felgall for Computer Help
Focus on Javascript

Re: CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

Support Tickets are never ignored... have you gone to the support center and checked your ticket for a reply? I have rarely ever seen a ticket go un-answere for more than 24 hours.

Re: Re: CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

I opened a Support Ticket at appoximatedly 6:30pm ct Jan 19th and did get a response on Jan 20 at approx. 1:00pm ct.
The response was a short one asking me if I had this problem before or a sudden one.
I responded saying it was sudden and had never had this problem before in the 11 months I've been with Bravenet.
It is now 3:30pm ct and there have been no further responses or resolve of the problem.

Please know that I do truly appreciate their response and that I have been extremely polite with them.
I do apologize for my lack of patience here on this message board.

Since they did respond, I can only take hope in knowing that it's being worked on.

For those whom this has happened before, how long did it take to resolve and did any permanent loss of files occur ?

As a reminder, here is the problem :
"The Bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Authentication Failed for **** [ my password ] )"

I have saved everything on my own computer and disks, but if all of my files are lost with Bravenet, it will be a devastating blow as it will take months to reconstruct the info. and the MANY photos to the website I post them on.

I truly hope someone who had this problem before responds - I'm extremely worried about the situation.

Thank you.

Re: Re: Re: CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

Obviously the problem is not widespread or we would have been hip-deep in posters. I've seen 3 in here.

My guess is there was some data corruption in your account when the server crash happened a couple nights ago, and Bravenet had to reload some accounts from a backup.

Go back to your ticket and ask them to check the data in your account to be sure nothing has been corrupted.

If the problem is just in your Ftp, then delete your existing ftp account and recreate a new one and see if that helps. If it doesnt, then you have a data handling error in your account of some sort.

Re: Re: Re: Re: CAN SOMEONE AT LEAST TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON ??

Has anyone got the message that your account has been deleted? I went to my web journal, and then clicked the link to manage my journal. I went to sign in and I got a message that they were not able to send me an email, I resent my email, then entered the code to verify the address and that is when I got the message that my account was cancelled. I have been able to go into my account. How can I check this out and why has it been cancelled? Wouldn't they notify me?
Thanks!
Marie