Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Approving Comments on Web Journals

Hi.

Due to idiots posting spam,I have selected to approve comments before they are displayed. I know it is selected-I just checked. But the comments are still automatically being displayed w/out asking me for my approval first. Does anyone here know why that could be happening? I already got rid of my tagboard because of spammers and not long ago I noticed someone spammed one of the comments sections! Thanx in advance.

Michelle

Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

No comments will be displayed if your setting is correctly set. You do not have your approval set correctly.

Re: Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

Well like I said,I have the option to approve comments before they are displayed selected so I don't know what I could have done wrong. If I have that option selected,I should be able to approve comments before they're displayed of course but I haven't been given the option to approve comments first. Oh well.

Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

Then post the url to your journal here and let someone here give it a try.

I have a test journal, and the comment settings are working correctly in it. Since we all share the exact same service templates, it is difficult to imagine my journal working, and your journal not working.

Re: Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

Well,a friend of mine commented on a journal entry of mine yesterday and I wasn't asked to approve her post before it was displayed,so something isn't right,but I guess there's nothing we can do.

Re: Re: Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

Shrug...you are right, without being able to see it happen, there is nothing anyone here can do or suggest.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Approving Comments on Web Journals

Thanks for trying though:)