Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why can't I upload Files and templates!

hello

I recently had some Domain registering problems which Bravenet solved by re signing me up and re registering my domain name (pythagoraz.com) my problem now is that I can't upload anything. When I try i am told something like: "the upload was unsuccesful. maybe there is a file with that name already" which there aint.

Im in the middle of the 24-72 dns update waiting time but shouldnt I be able to upload files anyway?

R.T.J.

Re: Why can't I upload Files and templates!

I have the same problem!

Re: Re: Why can't I upload Files and templates!

I am also in limbo. I did get as far as uploading, so I now have 2 zipped files to work with. One is a blank page with nothing but a few words and a bunch of red x's all over it. I don't even see toolbars so I don't know how I am going to even play around and edit/add anything. I also hope that I don't need to know any HTML. I actualy thought that by using the templates I would be getting a fancier version of a website wizard. It should be a lot easier, no? I will wait until my 72 hours is up, but after that I will be running out of patience. I have been fooling around with this so much I feel I am wasting my time! I hope I do not get any kind of survey to fill out.

Re: Re: Re: Why can't I upload Files and templates!

Of course you have to know HTML, that is what web pages are made with. The templates are editable in any HTML editor... be that a software based editor or an online editor.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why can't I upload Files and templates!

I send a ticket and apparently it was a bravenet error! they fixed it after about 4 hours and everything works perfectly now.

so send a ticket people... :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why can't I upload Files and templates!

Why don't they tell you that! I do not know HTML and frankly, with all the software programs out there, why did I fall for this one. Most of them are so easy to edit/insert! I am so pi**ed that I spent my $ on something so hard to figure out. Uplaod, download, Java, HTML.... Why not: template, edit text add pictures/graphics, publish! WOuldn't that be so much more user friendly for the genral public- I don't want to learn programming- that's why peoiple buy software PROGRAMS!!!!