This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can't get to guestbook!

I sign in and it seems to recognize me (because it puts up my information) but when I try to go to my guestbook to edit, to view private messages, etc., it says the system didn't sign me in. Sort of en endless loop goes on after that.. with try again, can't sign you in, try again, can't sign you in... etc.

Thanks!

Re: Can't get to guestbook! ERROR MESSAGE

When I log in with my orrect user name and password and then click on Guestbook, I get the following error message:

The system has failed to log you in.

Please verify your username and password and try your login again. If you can not remember your username and/or password, try our Lost Password utility to try and retrieve them.

Please Try Logging in Again .... click here.

For additional assistance, visit our Help Center.

Re: Re: Can't get to guestbook! ERROR MESSAGE

Yes, this same thing happened to me a week or two ago. The suggestion from Bravenet is that you check your browsers cookie settings. You must allow cookies to be stored or you will be continually prompted for login information. When this happened to me, I was working just fine and then started to get these errors. Nothing was being changed on my end. I filed a ticket and only received a form letter. Then, several days later, the problem went away. There were no changes on my end and no further explanation from Bravenet.

They also claim that being behind a firewall or proxy may cause problems. This has caused me problems with running any of their Java utilities, but that's it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That has to be it and I really thank you for your help. I have not tried it yet, but it makes perfect sense. (I'm a friend who is building John's site... LOL!!!) And now I remember that I turned off the cookies for Bravenet because they were driving me nuts every time I went to verify what I had done and forgot to turn them back on.

Hugs,

Karen