This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Applet

I like using the applet and am not interesting in using any other uploading format- but am wondering if there is anyway to stay logged on to Bravenet when using it- everytime I am away for a few minutes I get bumped and have to reconnect- I am still using the feature and am capable of logging off on my own when completly finished, in other words I wish Bravnet would not log me off of it. Sometimes I do not get the reconnect button and have to start all over again- it's a real pain to have to deal with over and over again.Thanx for any tips-

Re: Applet

FTP access to just about any server will have a built in timeout. This is to protect the server from waisting it's time with users that are off doing something else. Your lucky that you can reconnect right away. Some servers time you out for 30 minutes if you let the connection go idle.

You say you are not interested in any other uploading format. Do you mean that you are not interested in any other FTP tool that might be available, and would possibly solve your problem? Have you tried using Internet Explorer to connect via FTP?