This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help with html for buttons

I'm trying to write the page for my website without the wizard I need help writing the code to put a name on the button. How do I get the name on the button for them to click on. the first button should say "HOME PAGE". Does anyone know the html I need to write to get this accomplished. Here is what the code looks like for the button on left hand side:

Please, can someone help me without giving a long and complicated reply that will just futher confuse me.

Browser: Meow4Milk301,4

Re: help with html for buttons

well with the buttons that come with the templates you need a GRAPHICS program to write text on them

then you save them and publish them

so try irfanview I think it is

oops this is the code for the button

IMG height=60 src="http://theinternetbidwhistclub.com/images33/blankbutton.jpg" width=168 border=0

now is there anywhere within that html that i can put the words "Home Page" on that so it appears on the button.

guess you DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ the previous response

YOU NEED A GRAPHICS program to put text on those buttons

you can't just put in html code and make it say home or something

YOU NEED A GRAPHICS PROGRAM since your button is a graphic image

so go get irfanview and download it and it will let you type the words HOME or whatever you want on the button graphic and then you save the graphic and publish again

ok i have downloaded irfanview. i have no idea what to do next. do i have to get the button from somewhere to type on it. i just haven't a clue what t his is or how to use it.

to start you need to have the files somewhere saved on your computer

so start by finding the images33 folder on your computer and find the blankbutton.jpg and open it in that graphics program

then you will put your text on it and save the image as homebutton.jpg and then place on your site where you want the home button to be etc

i don't know fully how to use this program but sure someone here might.

But as said will need to have the files on your computer for starters to even get started doing this

Well, I could tell you how to do this in Irfanview. But it might be better with a solution that could also be applied to your next question. In Irfanview, click Help, then Index. then Add Text.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ok i did the irfranview and got the button up on the screen. i see where to go to type the text but the text always comes out to big. the button is a small pic and there is hardly no room to put the text box up there to type the text in. how did you do that in the above picture

I really think I need to refer you back to Corwings post.

There will be an option in there somewhere to change the font size. An alternative would be to resize the image, type then resize again.

Despite being written by somebody whose native language is Serbo-Croat the help in Irfanfiew is pretty good. I found my way around it without any problem at all. (its not on this PC so I can't refer to it while replying)

But if you find the help files too hard to read, when you have the add text dialogue box open, you may want to check what the different buttons are for. Perhaps starting with the one that says Choose font

I use IrfanView a lot, for annotating buttons, and other uses. But sometimes I fine it a little tedious to use. There is a on-line button maker that works very nicely. Once you get the first button set up with font type, size, color, etc.., you can create as many buttons as you want. You just change the text and crank out a new button. And, you can use your own buttons.

The name of the site is GRSites.com. It has a series of 7 steps that takes you through the whole process.

First, download a copy of the template to your local PC and UnZip it in a folder. If your trying to use IrfanView, than you have probably already done that. Point your browser at GRSites.com and click on "Button Maker --> Textured Button". The "Textured Button" mode lets you upload your own button.

Step 1 - Optional - Browse - Navigate to your button image and click on the "Upload The Texture" button. The button should show in the window on the left. Un-check the "Tile Texture in this Preview Window?" button to see just one button.

Step 2 - Button Shape - Select "Flat Rectangle", Mouse Over Effect - None, Shadow - No Shadow - Others can be used but that will modify the default button image. For right now, stick with these settings.

Step 3 - Button's width and height - Set to 108 X 20

Step 4 - Button's text, URL and Text Size - Obviously, enter your button text and a URL for the link. Use "No Text Outline" and "No Text Outline" for now, and set the text size to "12". You can experiment later.

Step 5 - Text's color - I chose black to start with.

Step 6 - Background color - This is used mainly with button shapes other than squares or rectangles. If you check the box that says "Use Transparent Background", you shouldn't have to worry about any background color.

Step 7 - Choose a font - Pick the font you want to use. Don't go too overboard if you want users to read it.

Then, at the very bottom, click on the button that says "Make the Textured Button". This should take you to a page with a button containing your text. If the button isn't exactly what you want, scroll down a little to the box that says "What do you wish to do?". Here you can change the font size, shift the text (up, down, left, right), etc. and then click on the "Make My Logo" button to see the change. When your button is ready, just use your right mouse button over the image and save it to your PC.

It may sound complicated at first, but when you get use to it, it's great. Once you have your first button created, just change the text, and generate as many buttons as you like. An example of your template with two modified buttons can be seen at www.k7mem.com/Template_33/33.htm.