This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Password Protect Error

When I add the password Protect code to my page it brings up an error page when the user puts in their username and password. I have checked everything and still seem to get the error. Any help Please. The link to the error page is http://members.cox.net/csfelipe/_derived/nortbots.htm.Not Sure if this will help or not, does not tell you much.

Re: Password Protect Error

That isn't really a page - we are just informed that there is no such page.

Re: Re: Password Protect Error

Could that be the error?

ok thank you I will check and see if there is a page with the URL

Just so I know that I am setting it up right I copy and paste the code into the page that I want the user to login from. Then in Bravenet.com manage account add the user name and password then in the URL put the page I want to display once the user logs in.

That sounds about right.

Is the page that you are linking to on the same website though.....

It's far easier if you re-direct them to another site....

Don't forget that you can host more than one site on the same account....

I have the user Login on the index.htm page then it is supposed to open the homepage.shtml. So I believe it is linked to the same page. I have checked the URL numerous times I enter it correctly but for some reason it is not finding the page. What I do not understand is that when I go to bravenet and view service it brings the page up fine once logged in. Any ideas why it works that way and not on my site.

That is exactly what I am dealing with at the moment.
I think the solution may be to just say screw Bravenet and find a new hosting service. Bravenet is the glitchiest, most non-user friendly site I have ever used! My GOD I hate this site and it's only been a few weeks.