This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I create point to link/logo and the text shows on screen just when pointed to

How do I create point to link/logo and the text shows on screen just when pointed to

Re: How do I create point to link/logo and the text shows on screen just when pointed to

It is called ALT text. In your web designer, you should be able to right click on the picture/logo and get the properties of the logo. In there should be a place where you can type the Alt text for the pic/logo.

When you nav over it the ALT text pops up. It is very useful to have an accessable website for people with disablities and search engine optimization.

Browser: IE

Re: How do I create point to link/logo and the text shows on screen just when pointed to

Alt text is not intended for a tooltip and isn't supported in all browsers as such. For a tooltip you should be using the title attribute.

< img src="somefile.jpg" alt="this text is to be displayed if the visitor is surfing with images switched off or with a screen reader" title="this is the text that will pop-up on mouse over" >