This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
General Settings not functioning in Mailing List Manager

Hello! I'm attempting to change a few things in my Mailing List, specifically the reply to email and the opt in message.

Every time I make a change and press save, the changes are not saved. I have tried this in Firefox and IE. The pop up closes, but when you open it again, the old information is there.

I would really like to change the email address.

(Also, I tried doing the opt in myself, and I never did see the opt in message that is supposed to appear in the image verification page).

So.....could you please fix this pop up menu?

Browser: Firefox and IE

Re: General Settings not functioning in Mailing List Manager

I was having the same problem....I just figured out though that they send a confirmation email to the NEW email address you are trying to use. As soon as you confirm it through an email they send you, it will be updated in the general settings tab.

Browser: Google Chrome

Thanks, but I am never sent the email, and I am unable to change ANYTHING in that pop up menu.

check your e-mail bulk mail folders, spam folders, junk mail folders as well

Your e-mail address you use with your bravenet account is where all your things go to and if you have any e-mail addresses like yahoo, gmail, googlemail, msn, hotmail you really really need to check the folders mentioned above as bravenet e-mails get regarded as spam and your Internet provider may block mails as well

so set up a filter to allow emails from @bravenet.com and see if you get anything.

If you do sign up you are placed in the Pending subscribers area until you ACCEPT THE OPT IN if the opt in isn't accepted within a week your name is removed from the list.

Thanks Micheal. I am not trying to sign up for a mailing list.

I am trying to manage my list. In the left column of the mailing list manager, there is a link for General Settings. When you click that, a pop up menu comes up to change the 'reply to' address, website addresses to send people to when they sign up or unsubscribe, and a message they get when signing up (among other things). Anytime I change anything within that menu a

Perhaps you will just check for answers, and not take another look at your own last message. It ends:

Anytime I change anything within that menu a

I'm sure you intended to add something after "a"

Did you notice the part of the popup that said:

"Note: Changing this email address requires a confirmation process. You will receive an email at the address you specify. Follow the instructions inside to confirm the change."

Yes, thank you. I have noticed it.

As I've said, I do not receive any email from changing this setting.

I cannot change ANYTHING in that menu. Even the return to links or the messages to subscribers. Every time I re-open the menu it has reverted back. I have tried on every computer in the house on both IE and Firefox.

Thank you everyone for trying to help. I have instead learned how to use PHPList and will no longer have Bravenet advertising to my list members.