This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My wesite will not open, get 404 error

I have tried everything and my website A Piper for All Occasions will not open. People cannot access the site,they get a 404 error. and I am losing customers, right at the start of my busy season. I tried the trouble shooting steps and am not able to fix the problems. I am below the 5.0 meg limit. I currently have one other Brave Host site and Vittii site am am considering moving them all over to another host. Has anyone else had this proble and how did they fix it?

Re: My wesite will not open, get 404 error

Disk Space: 35.1 MB of 5.0 MB

Bandwidth Used this Month: 28.8 MB of 1.5 GB

Free Websites 2
stonepiper.bravehost.com 3.4 MB
khgoligher.bravehost.com 25.4 MB

I'm assuming you post this to say "Oh! Just realized what the problem is"?

Well by your 2nd post you can SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

Your site is inaccessible due to you have a free subdomain with FREE HOSTING and you have GONE OVER the 5mb limit of space and your bandwidth is well exceeded the limit their too

SO you need to go through all your files and any pictures/images you need to resize down to an appropriate size as usually the culprit is people put images up that are way too big and don't optimize them to an appropriate size to be online

Now if you need more space then Buy a domain and upgrade your hosting. Especially for a business site you have you probably need more than 5mb of space with a free subdomain you have and FREE hosting.

Also any other huge files you have need to get rid of or find somewhere else to host whatever huge files you may have with your site

Plus can't really move these sites shall we say. You can go find another host that will let you have a free site with more space and rebuild your sites again but as said you have 2 free subdomains with free hosting so only thing to do is with the one site am sure you are over the limit or deleted your index.html page

In looking at your other site you provided your problem their is YOUR IMAGES they are too big and need to be optimized as said above. They APPEAR to be one size when they are a total other size altogether.

So am sure your site that is down is down due to space is used up and you are over the 5mb because of huge images that are near 1mb or bigger in size and images are not to be that big

So need to get irfanview and optimize your images and reupload them to get your space WELL down over the 5mb limit or as said buy a DOMAIN and UPGRADE your hosting to paid hosting as well and your space/bandwidth issues wouldn't be an issue