This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IP addresses... Can I get a list of viewers or Individial Passwords??

Hello

I am fighting the never ending fight of another message board .. Or USERS from another message board that keep posting on mine and I have to baby sit the site and delete their messages and then delete their IP addresses..

There are just a handfull of members that started their own thing .. and they are just wanting to start trouble on my site.. Been a on going thing for ever and I want it to just stop

Is there a wat to create individual passwords with the currant message board or is the only thing that I can do is password the thing?

One password will just NOT work.. It will get to the peopel I do not want on there in 1 day I am sure

Is there a way to get a list of IP addresses that currently VIEW my messabe board so I can trace tem and see which are the butts and ban those IP's?

Any help appreciated.. I am just sick of baby sitting the jerks ..

Michelle

Browser: IE

Re: IP addresses... Can I get a list of viewers or Individial Passwords??

all you can basically do is delete their posts,
or password protect the message forum

Or look into a different type of forum where at least they have to register and such at it

The IP addresses are not good to have as they will come back with another IP address as IP addresses change and more

Spammers/Trouble makers constantly infiltrate message forums and not a lot you can do with them.

I have managed a few php type forums in my time and certain times of year were always infiltrated with spammers.

I know one now that they just keep letting spammers register but somehow don't let them post anyways I think because we used to have a problem then they did something at this forum to change it

But as said spammers are still signing up because well guess owner of forum just thinks they are legit and lets them go.

Password protect possibly even could be worked around even if got that possibly as it is worked around with websites even

Just not really a winning situation here especially with these type of forums here anyways