This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just so *******

Where do I start? Im having problems with FTP, thought Id ask live help, but every time I click on it Im logged out. I used ewisoft website builder which has its own FTP and claims to be able to transfer to any host. I upgraded my hosting today and bought a new domain last week.So Ive finished my website and now I cant transfer it from ewisoft to here...I get this message and before you ask I did indeed check and recheck and check again that I had all the FTP information correct and i turned off my virus protection and firewall.

"Error:Unable to find web folder on server; No right to upload files!

Self-Diagnosis:
Your FTP setup information may be incorrect.

More suggestions:
a) Check your computer to see if a firewall is blocking the connection to the Internet.
b) If your domain is new it may take up to 72 hours to establish a proper connection. Try again later.
c) Check to see if you are using the correct FTP settings from your web hosting company.
d) Leave the "Web folder" field blank and click "Test this account" to see if it can find it.
e) Try to publish again later when your web host is less busy.

Important Information:
A lot of publish problems are caused by a firewall or virus scanner that blocks the Internet connection.
If you are using one, please add this software to its 'safe list' or 'white list'."

I had to go in and build a crappy little website that looks horrible using bravehosts themes because I have business cards going out tommorrow with my new domain name. Seriously I wish I had just went elsewhere for hosting and domain name after using bravehost for years...this is ridiculous...

Re: Just so *******

Hmmm I purchased the domain name on the 17th, 23 days ago. Perhaps I havent waited long enough?

If you purchased your domain on the 17th of this month it should have been up by now.

But do you have HOSTING for your domain need to make sure you have things set like your DNS settings and more

You may have to open a support ticket

"Seriously I wish I had just went elsewhere for hosting and domain name"
If you look at the Web Hosting forum, you will notice that the first thread is filled with messages from people using various ftp software. If there was a general ftp problem at Bravehost, the forums would be flooded with complaints. It seems very, very likely that the problem is either with your software, or some error on your part. Another host would probably not change that.

Until you figure things out, you can always use the upload option in File Manager to get your site out there.