This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fix your email service, please! I'm paying for email!

I have been a paying customer for years and have been very happy except for one thing: the email service that comes with hosting. It is a free open-source product (RoundCube.net) and whatever version Bravenet is now using is defective. I see on RoundCube's site that a new version was just released.

I have these problems on my full-size PC w/ Windows XP, IE 7:

• The html compose line breaking/paragraph spacing does not work properly. The next line looks like a double space in the compose box but isn't.

• The Folders page won't display in its entirety if you have a long list of folders. And the Create a Folder box floats over the list of folder names and can't be moved. I can't reach folders to delete them because they are off bottom screen and there's no scroll on page right.

• It's been years and there is still no "Save" button for renaming folders!

• The dates show as "08.01.2010" which is the "no pretty dates" setting. That is supposed to mean for my East Coast U.S. time zone August 1, 2010. But in the UK and elsewhere it means 8 January 2010.

Dear Bravenet, instead of suggesting your customers go over to RoundCube and volunteer to improve the open-source service (you did this to me a year or two ago), how about if You do it! You're the code writing experts. Or how about disclosing the email service deficiencies to potential customers before sign-up?

Re: Fix your email service, please! I'm paying for email!

We are currently beta testing a new version of Bravenet Webmail based on a new version of RoundCube. If you would like to help us beta test this product please contact our support department by opening a support ticket.

Thank you,
Courtnie