This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
adding photos

it is impossible to add photos. i cant figure it out. how do u do it. do u have to be be a brain surgeon to do it. i cant drop them in. i get errors. it used to be no problem but u changed it and i cant figure it out.

Re: adding photos

well for starters you need to upload photos and make sure they are sized down to an appropriate size as well

So you need a graphics program like irfanview

you upload them via ftp program or such.

Then you make sure your images are coded correctly.

Bravenet did make changes with hosting so have to be absolutely sure of your coding for your images

and file names etc as well. No spaces in the names of images or file names etc.

Or are you trying to get them into the bravenet photo album service

If want that need to be more specific to that as well.

Re: adding photos

What I do, after preparing the picure in a photo editing program is to open my local copy of the html file in my editor, place the cursor at the point where I want the image, click on Insert in the menu bar then select Image. A pop up then appears to let me type in the details.

Once the page is finished I save everything and upload both html and image files.

That is a pretty standard process for most editing software and would be similar for my web editing program, my DTP program and my word processor.

If you need step by step guidance for specific software you need to give us more details.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5