This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
authorization to view url

cannot view my own url; instead am given message "You might not have permission to view this directory or page. If you are attempting to browse a directory, it is possible that directory browsing has been disabled by the site owner."

even when i log onto site i am unable to view page.

what can i do?

Browser: internet explorer version 8

Re: authorization to view url

well directory browsing MAY NOT be your PROBLEM

You have the 403 error page

Which means

1. You have NO index.html for your page to be recognized in your root directory

2. You have gone OVER YOUR 5mb space limit because you have a FREE SUBDOMAIN with FREE HOSTING

so you would need to go through your files and if have any huge files like images that are well over 1mb or close to it seems to be culprit most times taking up the space need to find a graphics program like irfanview and resize any images you have to an appropriate size

thank you for your input so far, however noone can view my website.

also with regards to your reply actually, i never thought web directory browzer to be my problem...

as well i dont' think i've any huge files like images that are well over 1mb or close to it.

perhaps i am missing your point. can you view my website: http://www.justjeff.bravehost.com/

if you can't then the problem is not my web directory browzer, it's something else that i can't figure...

yet, if as you'd suggested i have NO index.html for page to be recognized in root directory, how do i handle that?

Browser: internet explorer version 8

Guess you can't READ what was said

Your issue may be you have to login to your account and check your space limit

You have a FREE SUBDOMAIN with FREE HOSTING if you have HUGE images then resize them to get your space down.

Check to make sure you have an index.html page in your root directory

If you are over your space limit then YES YOUR SITE WILL NOT SHOW till you get your space issue down.

The free subdomains with free hosting are not meant to be huge websites just a basic small site.

If you want something more deeper then upgrade your hosting and purchase a domain.

And again too what happens a lot people tend to use direct digital images and don't size them down to an appropriate size or have huge files of some sort on their sites and it uses up the 5mb space limit you have.