This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Emails coming back as undelivered

When I send emails to various people - often hotmail addresses and now others, I receive an error message back saying email is undelivered.
When I click on links it is usually because the address may be spamming, or the IP address is dodgy.

I have removed my IP numerous times and have never spammed anyone.

Can anyone offer any advice as its a nightmare to run a business when emails are not being delivered.

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: Emails coming back as undelivered

Many places regard bravenet as spam

Hotmail, yahoo, gmail are just a few places that filter mails and may not let them be delivered from your IP

May have to talk to your provider or have those people set a filter to allow e-mails from you

OK, you have an AOL email address and are sending emails from Bravenet.

Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and AOL will not accept emails from spoofed AOL addresses, you can only send them from your AOL account. You need to get a different address to use with Bravenet.

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to use the mailing list service with a Hotmail address.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

I only have an aol address registered with bravenet to get updates, etc.
All emails are sent through bravenet and the email accounts I have set up through them linked to my websites. I dont use my aol at all for business so dont see why that would be a problem.

Browser: Internet Explorer

We can only go on the information given in your original post, in this case that your email account is with AOL. As I said before, if you send a message "from" an AOL address outside of AOL then there are a number of service providers that will refuse to accept it.

The question isn't the email accounts that you use but the "from" addresses that you put on the messages. From your description it sounds as if a number of email providers have determined that those "from" addresses could not legitimately be from a Bravenet email. That may be a Hotmail problem, it may be a Bravenet problem, you may have configured your domains incorrectly or you may be spoofing addresses as I originally thought. The answer to your question so far is "insufficient data".

I have a personal account with aol - this is nothing to do with my issue about sending emails.
My bravenet email addresses which I am sending emails from are related to my website eventplannerdevon.co.uk so are info@. These are the ones whcih are coming back with error messages. I send these via outlook which i have set up to send and receive emails from bravenet.
This is totally separate from aol and nothing to do with this.
The from addresses are info@eventplannerdevon.co.uk. I do not see how they can be determined not legitimately from bravenet when I followed their instructions to set up an account and the emails are from bravenet email addresses.

I am not spoofing addresses at all.
I have two separate accounts - one personal and one for work. I have an issue with the work one - not the aol one!

OK, you are sending a .uk email from a server justy outside Vancouver. Any thoughts as to why Hotmail may not think that is legitimate?

I live in the UK and have no trouble wiht most addresses- just the odd ones.

Different email services have different levels of filtering. Hotmail and AOL in particular are probably the most restrictive ones on the net.

It could be that you have not configured your domain correctly for emails or they may just be bloody minded about a .uk email coming from a service provider that isn't licensed as a registrar for .uk

I route my .uk emails through the registar's (UK2.net) email service which means that I don't need to reconfigure anything in the domain. Much simpler and no problems.

How do you do that?