This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problems with Bravenet's Webmail Services

I host a site where I've created several email accounts for users of the site. I am promoting the services of barvenet but since I've (and the users) have been using the webmail service to check email, we are not impressed at all.

Examples:
1. The users cannot change their own passwords. Where's the security?

2. I have email forwards setup and on several occasions I've lost emails through this exchange or non-exchange. I've had to disable this functionality all together.

3. On several occasions, I've been unable to read the content of an email. Only after hitting a reply I get to see the content.

4. Recently I got an email that I couldn't read complete because the word wrap function was screwed up and the text went off the page with no scroll bar option.

Very frustrating

Any others experiencing similar problems?

Thanks
Chris

Re: Problems with Bravenet's Webmail Services

Some of them, yes. And I'm not using Bravenet email.

Normal text emails will usually go through from any email system to any other. Including attachments. The problem is with all the "improvements". Backgrounds, logos, music, engraved type or whatever.

One might discuss if the problem is with Bravenet or the sender for not following standards. But I don't think there is any standard.

I have several emailaccounts with different systems, and usually get to read the mail by forwarding it to one of the others. There doesn't seem to be a "good email" and a "bad email", I've forwarded mail from account A to account B and from B to A. Perhaps they have different weaknesses, or maybe allowing "type X mail" to be read simply rules out the same email beeing able to read "type Y".

If I need to send a mail that contains more than straight text, I usually create a pdf document to send as an attachment.

Re: Problems with Bravenet's Webmail Services

I gave up on html emails years ago because of compatibility issues. Also many features can be exploited by spammers and virus writers and so get blocked by most firewalls.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5