This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
THE CHANGES I MADE ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON MY PUBLISHED WEBSITE PLEASE HELP!

THE CHANGES I MADE ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON MY PUBLISHED WEBSITE PLEASE HELP!
Here is my URL: fai-kanaan.bravehost.com

Browser: Safari

Re: THE CHANGES I MADE ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON MY PUBLISHED WEBSITE PLEASE HELP!

From your description there is a 98% probability that the issue is with your PC. Tell us something that you think you should see which you can't and somebody can check.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

Thank you for your prompt reply Peter.

The only way I can see the changes is if I use Firefox but the instructor that will be viewing my website might be using Safari and I want to make sure the changes will be there when she views it.

One of the changes is the color scheme- it used it be green and red, now it is a darker purple

Browser: Safari

You have just answered your own question.

In order to speed up downloading and to save bandwidth a copy of any file that you access is saved by your browser. The technical name for this is "cache".

Each browser has its own cache so if you look at a page in IE and then make a change you will see the old version in IE (from cache) and the new version in Firefox (nothing in cache yet). If you think that your browser is displaying a cached version of a page you force it to refresh by using the reload button on the browser toolbar or by using the appropriate shortcut key (usually F5).

Somebody using a different PC accessing your site for the first time will see the latest version.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

Make sure you are not mixing editors like the wizard and the visual/text editors

I see a page with purple background but hard to read text on left side

But as said above make sure you are not mixing the bravenet editors

If you start using the wizard then you update/publish your site their

If you move away from the wizard and go to the visual/text editor then go back to wizard and publish then you just lost all your work as the wizard only keeps a copy of the page as it was the last time you were in that editor.

I use IE as only browser will use