This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website dissapeared, error code 403

We have about eight websites hosted here. Most of them now are blank and are showing "403 Forbidden". Did the host crash?

Re: Website dissapeared, error code 403

Well could be one of 2 things

1. You deleted your index.html page for it to recognize your main website

2. You have FREE HOSTING with your domain and gone over your space limit so need to check through your files and reduce your space down.

Images are one thing that tend to be the big culprit of using up space because people DO NOT size them down to an appropriate size.

They think just upload my picture as is.

It MAY APPEAR to be one size on your site but could be a TOTAL other size altogether. Especially when using digital images taken from a camera or something.

1) Everything is gone from all the accounts. Not just index.html. Also... you would think that a missing index.html would get you a 404 code, not a 403 code.
2) Nope, paid account. Also not over that limit. Disk Space: 3.3 MB of 30.0 GB. Bandwidth Used this Month: 57.3 MB of 600.0 GB

It seems more like the drive Bravenet hosts our websites on crashed, and everything got lost.

Open a support ticket

or something you did happened perhaps with directory browsing

But the 403 error page means usually NO index.html page to be recognized

But with the changes bravenet made a while ago it can also mean with free hosting 5mb of space was used up

Your only hope at moment is Open a Support ticket

See if get an answer

Also watch your open ticket online as well in case you don't get the automated responses online

Your link is working fine for me.

If the index.html file is missing you will get a 403 if you just enter the domain name without the file name.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

The link is to http://maytagwheelhubs.com, but the page that opens is
http://maytagwheelhubs.com/Wheel_Hubs.html

Apperently there is some kind of redirect to save people who don't know how webpages are named, that was offline for a while. I thought that kind of think ended at the same time they stopped helping people to misspell their file names, but apparently not.

Amy, to avoid repeats, and so that you don't need to do any editing if you change hosts, maybe you should rename that page (and the main page of all the other sites you talked about) index.html

(Sounds like a brilliant product, by the way. My present dishwasher is OK, but the last one....)