This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Feedback on bravenet's email upgrade

Bravenet just changed the appearance (skin) of the email service it provides to hosted accounts. I notice that the html compose looks like it finally works properly, though I haven't done a test send yet and you can create a sub folder to a folder. Nice.

But unfortunately: 1. the dates for emails are still all numbers instead of spelling out the month. 2. There is still no "Save" button if you want to rename a folder.

Re: Feedback on bravenet's email upgrade

You don't need to hit a save button when editing a folder. Simply rename and hit enter.

Can i import address book and folders from one email account to another?

Tony

When we navigate to the email section of our accounts, it would be a really handy feature if where all our email accounts are placed, there was some kind of notification indicating new mail in an account, and perhaps how many.

Is this possible?

Tony

To keep hosting costs down, Bravenet uses a free open-source email program provided by RoundCube.net. When new versions with improvements are developed by volunteer programmers there, Bravenet gives us the new version after testing. It's not yet a full-featured email program.

My newest complaint about the latest upgrade is that newsletters that arrive in html format only appear half screen and I have to scroll to the right to read each sentence. Ugh!

I don't think you can import address books and folders from one email account to another at this time. As far as a notification of new messages or no messages, I am seeing that as a top-of-screen small pop-up message in my email accounts after login, but logging in to each one is required. There's no automatic notification email sent to one designated address yet as a feature. I have that on an offsite web-based techemail account and it's nice.

I absolutely hate the new email system, it takes forever to load the emails, and states that the mailbox is empty when it shows that there are several new emails waiting to be read. I agree with the postings above: I have several email addresses related to my firm, it would be so convenient to see next the email addresses the number of new emails as it would save the time waiting for them to show up. You would have no need to open that email if you knew that there was nothing new waiting to be read. I also do not like that you have to scroll across to read the emails, sometimes it is easier to hit reply and just read it in that window. The old email was better than the new system, sorry!
Joe

Browser: firefox / IE

I like it but am having the same problem. Sometimes the emails don't show even though there are some. When loading it will sometimes, but not always, give the error message "server error! (Not Found)". What I have found is if I first go to another folder in that email account and then to the inbox then the emails do show....Jed Stuart

Browser: Internet Explorer 8

Hello Jed,
I just discovered that an easy work around is to hit refresh a few times, giving it a few seconds each time. Usually by the second or third time, the messages appear. Hopefully, they will fix this issue. I have tried your method and found the refresh to be an easier solution.

Thanks Joe,

I did try that but only did it twice with no show. I will try three times.

Jed

One problem semi-fixed:

In my Oct 7 post above I wrote: "My newest complaint about the latest upgrade is that newsletters that arrive in html format only appear half screen and I have to scroll to the right to read each sentence."

I discovered that I was viewing the displayed html newsletter email in the small pop-up screen that I get when I access my account after logging in from Bravenet's home page.

When I expanded the pop-up box to full screen the viewed message widened, but not quite fully. There's still maybe a quarter of an inch offscreen. Annoying but at least I can read it easier now. The programmers at RoundCube need to adjust the width of the displayed message box next upgrade I think.

Windows XP IE 7 desktop pc

The other problem I am having is when I open an email and then go back to the list of messages they are no longer displaying and I have to do the refresh over and over or the go to other folder and then back trick. As not many others have this problem I am thinking that someone has sabotaged my account in some way. I have had the same sort of probs at seven email services now..... Jed

Browser: IE 8