This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Google Adsense

Anyone know why Google Adsense is not working on websites or message forums? I have been trying to fix this for a month without any progress. Google says the code is fine and should be working but something within Bravenet seems to be blocking it. I have had Adsense for a long time but it went missing a few months back and untill the last month I hadn't worried about it. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Re: Google Adsense

I see Adsense on your home page.

It could be down to ad blocking software on your own PC. Some firewall software also incorporates ad blocking and if you are connecting through somebody elses network (office, school, college etc) then blocking may be installed at a network level. If you cannot see the Adsense ads on my site then that is definitely the answer.

If you can see my ads then the other possibility is that you have set your Adsense account not to display anything if there is no ad inventory available for you.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

I do see the ads on your website. I can now only see the one ad on my main page using IE but not Firefox, I can't see anything on my message forum which is the main board I need the ads on. I used to not have any problem until Bravenet changed everything and then all my ads disappeared and I have yet to get them back populating correctly. That's been months ago but with the increased traffic to my message forum I really need these ads to populate. I have researched here for past issues and I keep seeing there should be a sticky post somewhere but have yet to find one regarding adsense.

My next step is to just move my site to another hosting company as this is taking way too much time and costing me revenue. :(

Browser: Firefix and IE

OH and no my adsense is set to show other ads and public notices.

I didn't think you could embed that sort of code in a forum but I haven't tried to use that service for a few years now so they may have made changes.

Are you paying for a Pro forum or using the "ad free" version with your paid hosting? That will make a difference to what you can do with it.

In any event the accepted wisdom by Adsense professionals is that forum visitors very seldom click on ads.

With regard to the ad on your main site I saw it using Firefox. Check that you don't have an ad blocking add-in installed.

The best foruim for Adsense queries is at www.webmasterworld.com

In any event the accepted wisdom by Adsense professionals is that forum visitors very seldom click on ads.

I would have to disagree with them on that as my forum is where I made the money from adsense. I have the pro forum and up until Bravenet changed it my adsense worked fine. Thanks Peter. Looks like I'm going to need to start looking for a new hosting site or use my own message forum.

If you have the full pro forum then raise a support ticket.

I have never tried to monetise a forum myself but I can only repeat that the published information is that forums usually earn less well than a conventional web site. Yours may be the exception but it doesn't disprove the rule.