This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Emails sent to verizon.net domain addresses being blocked as spam

I host a vBulletin forum on my domain and once again emails sent by my forum (through mail1.bravehost.com and/or mail2.bravehost.com), to registered users of my forum, are being blocked as spam. In this particular case, they are being blocked by verizon.net. I have submitted a whitelist request as the bounceback email directed, but why does email from my bravenet/bravehost acct keep getting blacklisted. I'm NOT a spammer!!!

Browser: IE 7

Re: Emails sent to verizon.net domain addresses being blocked as spam

Raise a support ticket.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

I did. No response. But I did get a reply from Verizon that they have investigated and email delivery should return to normal within 24 hours.

Certain providers probably regard bravenet as spam

But as said open a support ticket if you are paying customer

Why would certain providers regard Bravenet as spam? I've had this problem off and on for the last 2 years.

No response at all? All tickets get an automated acknowledgement but some email providers treat automated ticket systems as spam and don't deliver the responses. That is a general problem not a Bravenet one, I once had a rather embarassing conversation where I was quite "vocal" about another company's "failure" to respond to a ticket to their CEO and it turned out to be a delivery problem at my end. You can check your ticket on line if necessary.

Also not all problems can be handled by the poor devil who provides cover at 4:30 am (about the time of your original post) I suspect that this is an issue that would be held over for the main office staff. Remember that Bravenet is on the west coast of Canada.

Why?

1. An automated email system - same problem as ticketing systems. Some email providers just don't like them.
2. Could be another Bravenet customer being naughty and spamming, causing the shared IP addresses to be blacklisted.