This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Counter stats missing

For the past few days the numbers on my counter have been missing although the Bravenet log shows below it. Anyone having the same problems or have suggestions as to how I can fix it?

Re: Counter stats missing

I see the counter (from UK).

It could just have been slow downloading. The new cable has greatly improved internet connections for South Africa but traffic from Canada still has to go through Europe so there are lots of potential failure points.

Browser: Firefox3.6.12

Thanks Peter. The box the numbers should appear in is there but it has a red X in it. I have been trying to refresh the screen thinking that maybe because it is holiday season, things are just slow but it still does not help.

I think the reason has to do with security settings on your computer. Try viewing the page in another browser.

Thanks Corwings. I have had the counter for 2 years and used the same computer on which no settings have been changed so I doubt that is the problem as it has just been for the past couple of days. I thought maybe Bravenet was doing maintenance on their servers which was causing the problem.

It it isn't an intermittent problem as I originally assumed then it is most likely security issue. You might have blocked something unintentionally or a firewall update may now be blocking it. If you are using a computer on a network then the systems administrator may have changed something centrally.

As Corwings says, try a different browser. The problem, I am afraid, is definitely at your end.

Browser: Firefox3.6.12

I see your counter with no problems so as Peter and Company said probably down to SOMETHING on YOUR END of the chain.

Thanks everyone.I will go and do some more checking on my PC.