This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mailing List

I'm trying to send my newsletter to my mailing list and when I click "Prepare to Send" at the bottom of the creation page, the sending page won't come up. It says it's "Done" but it's a blank page. Help? Thank you.

I used to be able to get Support, but not that's not available either???

Browser: IE

Re: Mailing List

if you are a paying customer and have paid hosting here at bravenet you can open a support ticket on main page

As for your problem not sure what it could be.

I have 439 subscribers (under 500) so I'm still using the "Free" mailing list.

In the past I could open a support ticket. But now when I try to it says there is no support for Free users -- only paying users. This is the first time I've encountered that, so I guess Bravenet must have changed something recently. It's a huge problem to have no support and I'm very disappointed.

I keep trying to send my newsletter and the Send page still won't come up.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Bravenet made this change quite some time ago

They dropped support for Free hosting customers and basically have these forums

If your website is hosted here at bravenet and you are a paying customer then you can open a ticket

But could be some problem with the service or something on your end.

Hopefully will get resolved soon.

Your newsletter may have already sent possibly so probably won't let you do anything again till the time period to do so

Thanks for that info, Jim. I didn't know about the support change.

It's a good thought, but I couldn't have possibly sent the newsletter already because that's the page that won't come up. The page with the button to click that sends it is the page that won't come up. I can't get to the button to tell it to send. Wish I could.

I nornally send myself a preview to proofread, but I haven't been able to do that either--it's the same page that won't come up.

I'm hoping it will "magically" fix itself before tomorrow afternoon, or my newsletter won't go out before the end of the month -- if at all.

Thanks for taking the time to write. Gratefully...

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are currently looking into this issue.

Courtnie

Oh you're awesome, Courtnie. Thank you so very much.

Dianne,

I am unable to duplicate this issue. Can you please tell me what browser version you are using?

Also, if possible - can you try sending from a different computer? Sometimes settings on certain computers can prevent websites from working correctly.

Courtnie

Hi Courtnie,

Maybe it was your magic touch, but I'm finally able to get the "Send" screen. I sent my newsletter maybe an hour ago and it says it is in the que but hasn't been sent yet, so I hope it goes.

To answer your question, I'm using Internet Explorer, I think version 7 (could be 8). It's the latest version. I remember your staff had told me previously it can cause a problem so I also tried sending it from the same computer but using Google Chrome. But I had the same problem--couldn't get to the Send screen.

Anyway, I hope it's fixed now and that my newsletter will send this evening. We'll see. Thank you very much for your help and time and attention. I appreciate it.

Dianne

Browser: Internet Explorer

Courtnie, it appears my newsletter is still in the que and has not sent. Any ideas what's holding it up? Should I try sending again?

Thanks.

Hi Dianna,

We will look into why it is not sending, no need to send again just yet.

Thanks!
Courtnie

Hi Dianne,

Your newsletter should be sent now. So sorry for all the troubles. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Courtnie

I think something is still amiss, Courtnie. I see that it's showing that my newsletter has been sent, however it doesn't appear anyone has received it. It only shows one has been opened, and usually I get a lot of "opens" right away. Plus, I have two of my own e-mail address on my list and I haven't received it. Plus, I usually get several bounce notices and I've received none. I think something is still wrong.

I appreciate your help.

Courtnie from Bravenet
Hi Dianna,

We will look into why it is not sending, no need to send again just yet.

Thanks!
Courtnie

Hi Courtnie

I have a similar problem, I sent a newsletter yesterday and stats showing not sent. Resent today and showing sent but not received to my email account or the bouncing ones I usually get

Browser: ie 8

We are seeing a bit of a backlog of emails right now due to the beginning of the year, more people are sending out their newsletters then normal.

If you are still having these issues by the end of the day please let me know. It can take up to 24 hours for a newsletter to fully send.

Courtnie

Hooray! I've received my newsletter in my e-mail box. I still haven't received the usual bounces, which is strange. But it does appear the newsletter has sent.

In the past my newsletter has gone out so fast I just haven't experienced this delay before. Good to know it's just volume.

Thank you, Courtnie and everyone at Bravenet, for your help in this situation. I'm very grateful and pleased my newsletter could be delivered.

Steve, I hope your newsletter has been delivered as well.

Dianne

Only partly delivered I think as I am not getting the number of bounced ones that I normally get

Browser: ie 8

Same here, Steve. I've only received two bounces. I usually get way more than that.

I did get an auto-response from someone who is out of their office, so I know some have been delivered. But I only have 13% opened and by now I should have 70% or more.

Something still isn't right. I hope Courtnie is still listeneing.

Dianne