This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Joining Mailing List

I tried to join my own mailing list using a personal (Hotmail) email adress. The message was sent to my personal email for me to confirm subscription and I clicked on the link. On doing so I was taken to Bravenet's home page, with no message to confirm subcription or otherwise. I checked in my Bravenet account email address (gmail) and have received no message requesting to be added to the mailing list.

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help me please?

Re: Joining Mailing List

hotmail and gmail are regarding bravenet as spam

check your junk or spam mail folders

and also set filters to allow mail from @bravenet.com

otherwise you may have to approve yourself manually

This is a common issue and not a whole lot can do

When you do sign up you are taken to a page where you type in the Confirmation code and then enter.

Then a page that says you must officially accept the opt-in.

IT takes you to a bravenet page due to fact you did not set in your settings for the e-mail list the homepage, your thank you page link and your goodbye page link. You have them all set to the default page which is the bravenet.com page

You need to change these settings in your general settings area for your mailing list.

You can make a general thank you page and a good bye page you want people to see when they sign up or unsubscribe from your list.

Jeff

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and advice. I now have managed to get the subscriber to be taken back to my website BUT; when I tried again to subscribe from another personal address I received a message to click on link to confirm [wich I did] and then another message informing me that I had been successfully added to the mailing list. Unfortunately though, I didn't receive any message in my website registered email account asking to be added to the mailing list. I did check my spam folder [which was empty], even though I have received several messages from bravenet with no problem. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Sue

Probably just a glitch but once you click the link and more and follow what it says you are subscribed

As said with gmail, hotmail, yahoo, other e-mail providers sometimes mail from bravenet can be sent to the bulk, spam, junk folders or not at all.

Have seen it said to set the filter to allow mails from bravenet as your alternative.

If still don't receive items then check with your ISP provider or such.

Just not a whole lot can do

Hi Sue,

Do you mean you are not getting notified when people subscribe?

When you are in your Bravenet Mail List Manager on the left, click the button that says "Email Notifications" and then check the box that says "Yes, notify me when users subscribe or unsubscribe from my list" - save changes.

Hope this helps,
Courtnie

You can also check who is subscribed and pending to subscribe by using the "Manger Contacts" button on the left hand size of the Mailing List Manager.

I hope this helps you sort our the problems you are having.

Courtnie

Problem solved! Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. Special thanks to Courtnie, who's suggestion solved my problem.

Thank you !!!!