This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
calendar won't post every day into the next months!

I have a free online calendar. I needed a post made every day for the next year or even two. So I put it in the way it was suppose to be, made jan 1, 2011 the first year, made it for daily, then made the last day jan 1st 2013. Saved it and it will only post it for the month of January! No other months. Never mind the next year, I can't even get it to post for February 2011. I redid it several times, made sure I had the dates and years right and it was checked for "repeats daily", so why won't this thing do it for any month other than the first month I started it in? This is a standing appt, matter of fact 3 appt's a day for the next year that are standing appt's so I wanted it in every single month but for whatever reason it won't do it in any other months but January of this year. And now Bravenet doesn't have a support system for free accounts. They used to but I guess this is it for those like me that use the free services now. Anyway, if anyone knows why this thing won't work for any month other than January please let me know. I don't want to have to put this in every single month as it comes along.

Browser: ie

Re: calendar won't post every day into the next months!

I am not sure if can set it for days every month unless you set it individually for each month

I know in the calendar if you set something for Example:

October 15th that day is important to me and I mark it to start then of 2011 and then set to repeat or something for the next year and or stop at a certain point it will only do for October 15th no other day

I think in your situation you set it up in January so it took it as ONLY January you wanted it

So if you want it for other months may have to go individually

Unless something in the faq's for the calendar service that says otherwise

Hi Jim, thanks for the help. When you type in what you want though it gives you a date and then another date. From ... until.. so why it isn't accepting it is weird. It used to! I've used this for years and I've never had a problem with it doing this and now all of a sudden it will only do a month even though I set it for two years. I don't know why they have the option of a from and until date when it's not available any more. ??

We had to make some changes to the calendar and it currently will only post daily events for 30 days at a time.

I completely agree that it should not make it look like you can set your event further ahead then 30 days if does not work that way. I have made a request to have it changed.

Sorry for the trouble,
Courtnie

Oh you are kidding :-( Will they change it back? I use this calender for my elderly mom's nurses's schedules (when they come in for her). I also have another one that I use for booking a community room and for the free resident programs that use the room and these repeat as well. Why did they make the change and when? And will it go back to how it was? I hope so or after all these years of using bravenet I'll have to move along to somewhere else.

It has been this way for a while now, unfortunately I am unfamiliar of exactly when we changed it.

It was changed because we had a high volume of members complaining about their calendar getting spammed and the spammers were setting repeats for years in advance. At this point in time we have no plan to change it back.

Sorry.
Courtnie

Well that sucks big time. I don't get the spamming, I've never had any of mine spammed in all the years I've used them. Maybe because I don't make them public?? Thanks, I'll have to go looking for another online calendar somewhere else, I just hate to leave bravenet after all these years.