This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Midi won't play in guest book

I uploaded a few midi files to my bravenet file manager and put the url in the General Settings area but still no music in my guestbook. Has anyone else managed to accomplish this or is it disabled or some special trick to doing it?

If no one has the answer here in this forum, is there some way of contacting bravenet about it?

Re: Midi won't play in guest book

How do I add music to my Guestbook?
From Bravenet Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
1. Log into your Bravenet account and click on "Guestbook"
2. Click on "General Settings"
3. Beneath "Embed a Background Sound URL" section, enter the URL of the sound file which you want to play when your Guestbook is opened. You can use MIDI, AU, WAV or MP3.
4. Click on the "Save" button

Please note: Remote linking is not allowed with many free webspace providers. Do not enter the URL of a sound file on a free non-Bravenet web hosting server; Upload the file to your Bravenet webspace.

This is what it says in the faq section for the guestbook.

Unless something wrong with the URL perhaps.

I did get a pop up for an ad on as if perhaps their w as music but nothing played.

Might want to double check it

Otherwise if a paying customer you could open a ticket.

May just have to play with it or something

Thanks for your reply. I'm not remote linking so that's not the problem. I uploaded my midi files to my Bravenet webspace and they play fine in the Bravenet File manager so I don't think there is anything wrong with the urls... I copy and pasted the urls from the file manager so there's no way I miss-typed them. what else could it be? I did not get the popup you mentioned. What else can I try? I tried a few different midi urls, still no music on the guestbook. I notice in the field where the background sound urls go, after I paste it in and hit save, the next time I look in there, the editor has removed the beginning http: and slash slash from the midi address. Does it do that for everybody? I'm not a paying customer, I've got the free stuff.

I tried it too and doesn't seem to be working either.

Not sure what we are doing wrong.

Hi. If it's not working for you either, I wonder if it's working for anybody at all? Somebody let us know if you do have background sound on your guestbook.

*Pat*

Okay just in case anyone else runs into this problem, I found an alternate way to add background sound to the guestbook.... If you click on the little orange arrow that says Edit Page in your guestbook editor, five tabs will open across the top... click on the one that says "html". Put the url of your midi below the little string of text in that box and it will play on your guestbook! The tag is (bgsound src="yourmidi.mid" loop=4) You have to include the brackets < > instead of parenthesis.