This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Logout function

New to Bravenet: Can someone please fill me in as to whether or not the "logout" feature actually logs a person out after clicking it? I am attempting to upload some documents to be viewed by only selected people. After entering my user and password, the documents that I am trying to block from the general public are viewable to everyone, regardless of whether or not they log on. The page I am dealing with is: http://parkhillspolice.com/ApartmentAlliance.aspx

Notice that the "test document 1" is now viewable to everyone. What am I doing wrong? If responding, perhaps you can "dumb it down" a bit so I can possibly see at what point I am messing up. Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Browser: IE / Firefox

Re: Logout function

Huh?

After entering my user and password, the documents that I am trying to block from the general public are viewable to everyone, regardless of whether or not they log on

Strictly speaking, that sentence seems to imply that the documents themselves are entering username and password. That doesn't bother me, I'm used to such mistakes. But what is the subject you left out?

If you mean "everyone, regardless of ..." it doesn't make sense. If the have entered username and password, they ARE logged on, there is no "regardless" to it.

If you mean after YOU log on.... you realize how crazy that sounds, right?

On the page you refered us to, in this browser (Opera) I get a brief glance at something, then a 404. In Explorer and Firefox, I see an otherwise blank page with a heading and a menu. No test document 1 or visible links to it.